- Ensure your Admission/Consent form is returned to Crest Hospital – 21 Carroll Street at least seven working days before your admission date. Ensure Insurance or ACC approval is confirmed with a letter and you have a copy of any ACC documents relating to your present condition or medical insurance forms that require completion
- Ensure discharge travel arrangements have been organised
- You will be instructed not to eat or drink for a specific time before your operation (this includes chewing gum/mints etc). For your safety it is important that this is adhered to. Please enquire about the feeding of babies
- It is beneficial that you do not smoke before your operation. Crest Hospital is a Smoke Free Zone (Patients to please enquire from Nursing Staff about designated smoking areas).
- Please arrive at the hospital at the time stated on your Admission Form. We welcome a support person to be with you during admission
- Preparation for surgery depends on the type of operation you are having. The nursing staff will discuss and explain all details of your nursing care to ensure your full understanding. Please feel free to ask questions at any time
Consent Form - You will be asked to sign a consent form before your operation. Please ensure you understand the information you have been given before you sign the form (A parent or legal guardian will be asked to sign on behalf of a child).