Pre Admission Clinic (PAC)
Crest Hospital runs a Pre Admission Clinic (PAC) which may be the first step in your hospital admission for surgery.
Our aim is to ensure that you are well prepared for hospital admission, surgery and managing at home after discharge.
The appointments may take up to an hour each. You are welcome to bring a support person with you.
Please Note: The PAC appointment is not to be confused with the day of your surgery.
What to bring
- Bring all your medications with you, including herbals / complementary products, OR a clearly written list
- If you have not already sent in your Pre Admission Forms and Health Questionnaire, please bring these completed forms with you
- Write down any questions you may have
During the clinic
- Your clinic Nurse will go over the forms, and endeavour to answer any questions you may have.
- We will have a discussion with you about your surgery, what to expect while you are in hospital and what to expect when you are discharged. This will include equipment you may need after discharge.
- An ECG (a heart recording) may also be taken, along with a Blood Pressure reading.
- If an Anaesthetist has asked to see you, this will be arranged.
- If you think you will need assistance at home after surgery, please indicate this to your PAC Nurse, who will advise the ward staff so arrangements can be made prior to discharge.
The staff at the Pre-Admission Clinic look forward to meeting you.